To buttress the importance of the Education Summit, Governor Udom Emmanuel made it personally to the Day 2 of the confab, along with members of the state Executive Council.
The Governor harped on entrepreneurial development through capacity building on relevant skills and expressed his resolve to turn Akwa Ibom State into a craftsmanship base of some sort for the world.
Some major points made by Governor Emmanuel on Day 2 of the Education Summit included the following:
✅ 10 AKS indigenes will be trained on Textile Engineering in a Europe institution on scholarship in September 2020.
✅ Modular Classrooms built in some Primary schools in Uyo are technologically designed to simplify learning as knowledge will be transferred through in-built facilities.
✅ The problem in Nigerian society is not unemployment but capacity building on relevant entrepreneurial skills.
✅ Computer Laboratories are to be provided in at least one school in each of the 10 Federal Constituencies of Akwa Ibom State. The ten benefiting schools are:
(1) St. Mary’s Senior Science College, Ediene,
(2) Etinan Institute, Etinan LGA.
(3) Community Sec Commercial Sch, Ikot
Akpan Essiet, ONNA LGA.
(4) Goretti Girls Sec School, Ikot Ekpene LGA.
(5) QIC Sec Sch, Minya, Mkpat Enin LGA.
(6) Presbyterian Sec Science College, Ididep
Ibiono Ibom LGA
(7) Methodist Senior Science College, Oron
(8) Cornelia Cornelly College, Uyo LGA
(9) Southern Annang Comprehensive Sec. Sch
Ikot Okoro, Oruk Anam LGA
(10) Secondary School, Odoro Ikono,
Mbiabong Ikot Udofia in Ini LGA.
We are proud to share and identify with the Governor on his aspirations towards the transformation of Persons and Society through Human Capacity development.
Hearty Congratulations Governor Udom Emmanuel on the successful hosting of the two-day Education Summit geared at repositioning the education sector of Akwa Ibom state.